PharmaSUG is an all-volunteer organization and we rely heavily on volunteers like you to make the conference a success. Volunteering is a great way to network and become more active in the community of SAS® users. This year, we are in need of the following types of volunteers:
- Registration Assistant: Helps the registrar and conference attendees before and during the conference. This may include setting up the registration booth, handing out conference materials, and answering questions attendees may have. Registration coordinators will be expected to work a 2-3 hour block of time. Some of those times may occur in the afternoon of Sunday, June 1.
- Session Coordinator: Assists the section chairs during the presentations (typically 2 session coordinators/session). Session coordinators help with timing presentations, distributing handouts, taking care of lights, keeping the door closed during presentations, tidying the room at session end, judging papers, helping the speaker set up, and other tasks that may arise during the session. Session coordinators will be expected to work an AM or PM session (3-4 hours).
- Bag Stuffing: Assists the conference committee in the preparation of the material that is distributed to all of the attendees. Bag stuffing takes place on Saturday morning for about 2-4 hours.
- Charity Table: Assists the conference committee in the collection of donations (cash/check/web) to our chosen charity during registration, meals, and other conference events. Volunteers will be expected to work a 2-3 hour block of time.
- Code Doctors: Assists the code doctors when needed and mans the tables to give the code doctors a break. Volunteers will be expected to work a 2-3 hour block.
- Special Events: Assists the events planner as needed which may include distributing tickets, handing out gifts, directing attendees to the location, etc. Volunteers will be expected to work at least one hour prior to the event.
Frequently Asked Questions
As a volunteer, will I receive a registration discount? There is no registration discount for volunteers. However, volunteers will be acknowledged for their service.
When does a volunteer need to be at the conference? All volunteers are expected to attend the Volunteer & Speaker Meeting on Sunday afternoon, June 1 (time to be determined). Volunteers must also be available during the entire conference through noon, Wednesday, June 4, 2014. Please make your travel plans accordingly.
When will I know at what time(s) I am scheduled to volunteer? The scheduling of volunteers will occur about 2-4 weeks prior to the conference. We will do our best to accommodate your preferences and work with your availability.
How will I be contacted about volunteering? The volunteer coordinator will contact you via email using the address you provided during registration.